Thursday, October 24, 2019

Laity Day Reminder and Volunteer Request


Some of you received your mid-week reminder of Laity Day via the Remind App or straight text yesterday. My computer was not cooperating for an email text. Ask me for the Remind link via text or email if you did not receive it.

Some of you probably got the word that a few sisters got together and donated funds for a repast. Brother Galloway and I agreed to allow this however let's not make it a habit of going on with your own plans after a decision has been made and discussed. Brother Galloway is nice enough to go ahead to ask some of the men for their donations to help out despite having the situation that I explained in our last Sisterhood meeting. Please understand that your donation is just that, a donation and is not a reimbursable expenditure. I cannot make it a requirement either; a donation is totally voluntary.

With that said, if anyone would like to volunteer their two hands to help sister Melissa Porter with the repast please contact her ASAP.

Looking at the time of my Houston appointments, I will probably be in attendance after all as I asked that the ophthalmologist review be moved back to November. 

Meanwhile, on another subject that you're tired of hearing about, not enough of my church family has signed up for the real work of God and that is to join a prayer vigil for those of us who volunteer for the prison ministry, the candidate/residents, prison staff, and guests. I cannot fathom why. But in case it was a matter of forgetting, please CLICK HERE and add your name while I have you here.

If you have not done so, look over there --> in the right sidebar where it says, "Follow by Email." Enter your email and you will automatically receive notification each time this website is updated.

YSIC,
Kathy Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment