Sunday, December 8, 2019

Progress!

Good morning!

I realize some of you may be tired of hearing from me; however I want to keep the Lord's work at the forefront of your minds and not on the back burner. The enemy will find all manner of ways to distract us. For instance, I had planned on yesterday as our day-- my daughter's, my mother's, and mine-- as the day for us to shop for the items we pledged for the homeless care package drive. My mother wanted to get some ornament hooks. She is limited in the places to where she should drive after about an hour-and-a-half I went looking for her and found her still in a store and with a much larger shopping list. I helped her to check out, load up her car, and I got back in my  car thinking she was following me home. She was not. I went into a semi-panic mode but she arrived home safely not long after. It was later than I'd planned but the three of us went shopping together for items for the homeless and came home after dark.
The way God works, although it was later than I'd planned, it was the right time. I looked on my phone to find that someone else had been shopping! A person who pledged also mentioned our project to this person they knew would be gung-ho for it, sent a picture with the message that said that they went through the list on line and bought everything that was in the blank spaces. Everything!

It's still not too late for you to participate. Although our list is filled, you can still donate items and help us put the packets together at Sisterhood meeting on this Tuesday, December 10 at 6:00 PM. Also be prepared to share potluck treats as we will munch and work simultaneously.

YSIC, Doing the Lord's Work,
Kathy Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment