Monday, October 20, 2014

A 'Sisterhood' Request


 

Dear Sisters in Christ,

I'm contacting you concerning the Sisterhood ministry because as a member of the Mount Pilgrim family, you are a member of the Sisterhood.

I've put you on my list of sisters in one of several categories:
The first is my younger sisters who may be in college, fresh out of college or with young families. You are the future of our membership, but you have so much to offer right now. I understand that with classes new jobs and new families it may be hard to slip Sisterhood meetings into your agenda. One of the services I would like to implement is childcare during the meetings. I belong to another organization and have seen other church organizations where that duty is rotated among those with a gift for children. Those using the service would pool $2 each as a donation to those who entertain the children during meetings. You may be the sister who could implement this idea!  Those of you who are grandmothers and and have grandchildren during after school hours may need this service as well, freeing you to enjoy our activities.

The second group --and this is by no means in order of importance as all of you are-- are those who no longer drive. We are getting those active folks to look around at those who live nearby or on the way so that they can offer transportation to those sisters who need it.

The third group is those who work late and may live far away. I know that when I worked, some days I felt I may be too tired to make the meetings. Some of the activities I've been trying to get our sisters to do involve more than just coming to fellowship over dinner and go home. I'm encouraging activities that involve promoting unity and action outside of the four walls. We want to have fun activities outside of meeting dates, like bowling and meeting for dinner at restaurants but there are other service projects outside of our regular meeting times. By the way, our meeting times are only once per month on second Tuesdays from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM.  We also have a web blog where we share what is going on so that you will not miss anything.

So, Sisters in Christ, I am looking forward to hearing from you. Please consider joining us at the next meeting on next Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 6:00.

YSIC,
Kathy Michael



MsKathyssLogo2.gif picture by mskathy0724
Ms. Kathy's Kids Blog: http://mskathyskids.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment